What is this madness?!
When does it take place?
How much will it cost?
More Tea Vicar?
What vehicle can you take on the Roof of the World Rally? Almost anything! Your adventure will be determined by the vehicle you decide to take, but you are allowed to take anything from a small 1litre hatchback to a fully pimped Land Rover and everything inbetween.
- Your vehicle MUST be Left Hand Drive (if you plan to leave it in Tajikistan)
- All vehicles must be 20 years old or less.
- All entrants are required to pay $400 in import tax (after any currency conversion fees).
- All entrants must pay a £500 vehicle deposit before departure (this is for repairs or if your vehicle has to be scrapped - which is not an easy process).
- Ambulances - NEW! For 2013 ambulances can be right hand drive or left hand drive. We have a definite preference for LHD but RHD is now allowed. All ambulances must be of a high standard and MUST be approved by us before purchase. Teams are likely to be involved in handovers at the end with local hospitals or doctors. If you are interested in this option then please contact us.
Do we get backup?!
Frankly, no. There is NO back up! We don't even know the meaning of the word. You head out on the rally going bravely into the unknown with nothing but a toothbrush and a spare wheel to fight off the marauding bandits. This is an adventure! We also categorically state here that this trip involves essentially driving into the unknown – it is bound to bring risks and be dangerous in parts. There is no doubt that it will be hard. Make no mistake about it – you need to be brave or stupid to take part, and if you do choose to take part – don't sue us if you die. The warning bit is written here and you should take note.